Hamilton Electric (EV) and Hybrid Vehicles Auto Services
Welcome to CRS Automotive Hamilton, your one-stop shop for all your electric vehicle needs. Our team of experts is dedicated to providing top-notch services to ensure your Electrical Vehicle (EV) or Hybrid car is running at its best.
We understand that electric vehicles are the future of transportation and we are committed to helping our customers make the transition as seamless as possible. Our services range from routine maintenance to major repairs, so you can rely on us to keep your EV in top shape.
Our team is made up of experienced technicians who specialize in electric vehicle technology. We use the latest diagnostic equipment and tools to ensure that your EV is diagnosed and repaired quickly and efficiently. We also use only genuine parts to ensure that your EV is performing at its best.
The list of EV/Hybrid services at CRS Automotive Hamilton:
- Battery replacement: EV batteries are designed to last a long time, but eventually, they will wear out and need to be replaced. The cost of replacing a battery can be high, but it is usually offset by the savings on fuel and maintenance over the life of the vehicle.
- Electric motor repair or replacement: The electric motor is one of the most important parts of an EV, and it can fail due to wear and tear or other issues. Depending on the severity of the problem, the motor may need to be repaired or replaced.
- Charging port repairs: The charging port is a crucial component of an EV, and it can become damaged over time due to regular use. Repairs may include replacing the port or repairing the wiring.
- Brake repairs: EVs use regenerative braking, which helps to reduce wear on the brake pads. However, the brake system still requires regular maintenance and may need to be repaired or replaced over time.
- Tire replacement: Like all vehicles, EVs require regular tire replacement to maintain traction and ensure safe driving.
- Suspension repairs: The suspension system is responsible for absorbing shocks and keeping the vehicle stable while driving. Over time, the suspension may become worn and require repairs or replacement.
- Coolant: EVs still require a coolant system to help regulate the temperature of the battery and other components.
- Brake fluid: EVs still have a brake system that requires brake fluid to operate.
- Transmission fluid: EVs do not have a traditional transmission like gasoline-powered vehicles, but some EVs may have a transmission or gearbox that requires fluid.
- Cabin air filter: This filter is responsible for filtering the air that enters the cabin of the vehicle. It helps to remove pollutants, allergens, and other particles from the air.
- Battery air filter: This filter is designed to keep the air entering the battery compartment clean and free of dust and debris.
- Tire rotation and replacement: Tires on an EV should be rotated and replaced according to the manufacturer’s recommendations to ensure even wear and maintain good traction.
- Computers, Sensors and Monitors
- Battery management system (BMS) sensors: These sensors are used to monitor the state of charge, temperature, and voltage of the battery. They help to ensure that the battery is operating within safe limits and can help to extend the life of the battery.
- Regenerative braking sensors: These sensors detect when the driver is applying the brakes and signal the electric motor to begin regenerative braking, which helps to slow the vehicle down while also recharging the battery.
- Torque sensors: These sensors measure the torque being generated by the electric motor and help to ensure that the motor is operating within safe limits.
- Inverter sensors: These sensors monitor the output of the inverter, which is responsible for converting the DC power from the battery into AC power that can be used by the electric motor.
- Temperature sensors: EVs have a variety of temperature sensors that are used to monitor the temperature of the battery, electric motor, and other components. This helps to ensure that the vehicle is operating within safe limits and can prevent damage due to overheating.
- Tire pressure sensors: These sensors monitor the tire pressure and alert the driver if the pressure is too low. Maintaining proper tire pressure can help to improve range and efficiency.
- Parking sensors: EVs may have parking sensors that can detect obstacles and help the driver park the vehicle safely.
At CRS Automotive Hamilton, we are committed to providing excellent customer service. We strive to create a welcoming and friendly environment where our customers feel comfortable asking questions and discussing their needs. We believe that communication is key to providing the best possible service, so we always keep our customers informed about the work being done on their vehicles.
At CRS Automotive Hamilton, we are passionate about electric vehicles and we are committed to helping our customers get the most out of their EVs.
Contact us today to schedule an appointment or to learn more about our services.